Sunday, May 25, 2008

Difficulties...

Well, supposedly Sophie has become hard to catch. Sid often has to leave her in the pasture while he takes Champ and Rosie in and then go back for Sophie. Today the saddle fitter was supposed to be out, so I left an hour and a half early so that I could catch her since I wanted her up and ready by the time the saddle fitter arrived. It's especially difficult because all of the horses are in grass fields, fenced in by electric tape, so no gate to make getting one horse out while keeping the others in a bit harder. So I got out and the horses leave the gate and go to the other side of the pasture. I'm worried, but head out into the field. The other two horses come up to me and Sophie is right behind them. They sniff my hands and then Sophie comes up next to me and takes the treat while I clip the lead on her, no problem. We leave the field, managing the gate despite its awkwardness and make it safely into the barn. Saddle fitter couldn't make it, but we rescheduled for Thursday.

No comments: