Friday, May 30, 2008

Saddle fitting...part 1...

The saddle fitter was out yesterday and she was great! Very friendly and explained everything clearly. She has to have a tree made for Sophie due to her being more U shaped than V shaped. But, I'm getting a Genesis tree, which means that should I need to use the saddle on another horse in the future I can have an Albion fitter take apart the front part of the tree and attach a new one that fits the new horse.

Sophie was a good girl for the trying of the saddle though. No tantrums or anything. We mainly walked and trotted. Julie loved her though. Apparently she has an Arab/Hanoverian cross yearling that looks just like Sophie. Same color and body type and star on her forehead. I'm going to send her the link for my website so she can show some pictures of Sophie to her filly's breeder.

I ended up ordering an Albion SLK Ultima Platinum. Lots of words, but I think it's a good investment, especially since this saddle's tree can be changed to fit just about any horse (as long as it doesn't have crazy high withers). Now I just have to wait the 5-6 weeks until the new saddle arrives. I'm hoping it takes less time, but who knows, since a hoop tree needs to be made of for it.

No comments: