Sunday, November 27, 2011

Big Changes

Where do I begin??? Well, addressing where I left off...Sophie had a total of three Bowen treatments and they did wonders for her. I highly, highly, highly recommend Bowen. Jilly, my Papillon also had three treatments for her stifles and she hasn't lifted a hindleg in pain since then. Logan, my son, was born February 12th, 2010 after a month of bedrest. I rode a handful of times while on maternity leave and realized that while my husband was deployed there was no way I'd be able to ride regularly. So I made the difficult decision to sell Sophie. I put her in consignment training with Lisa Smit at Brevard Equestrian Center in Grant, FL and it was one of my smarter decisions. I highly recommend Lisa if you are looking for a trainer or instructor in Brevard County, or if you are looking for help in buying or selling a horse.


Soon after Sophie sold my husband, Craig, was offered a great job at a different Air Force base, the only catch being that we would move in July 2011, not July 2012 like we previously expected. However, the icing on the cake was that I would be able to get out of the Air Force early. So he accepted the job and I am a civilian after 8 years in the Air Force. We also live in San Antonio, TX now. So it ended up being a blessing that we had already sold Sophie.


After moving to San Antonio we had a garge sale and I sold some horse items on the garage sale. One of the shoppers was Jennifer, who keeps her three horses at a facility less than 2 miles from our house. I traded a baby swing for a lesson and had my first ever hunter/jumper lesson two weeks later. I told Jennifer that I was really interested in riding, so if she knew anyone that wasn't able to ride or needed help keeping their horse ridden to pass along my info.


Well, as fate would have it, just one week later it was Jennifer that needed help with keeping her lesson horse exercised, as she'd been rear ended in a pretty bad car accident and couldn't ride. So I am currently exercising her American Warmblood mare, Lady, until she is able to ride again. Jennifer has given me permission to teach Lady dressage. As a result I've decided to resurrect my old blog to record my new adventures. I've renamed it Dressage Nomad since we move a lot and I'm not sure when I'll have a dressage horse of my own again, so I'll be basically riding whatever horse I can get my hands on in the future.


This blog will serve as a training record and a place to keep notes about riding, especially since I'll be auditing an Eddo Hoekstra clinic in a couple of weeks and plan to audit other clinics in the future. I miss Sophie a lot, she was so much fun to ride and taught me more than I ever thought possible. And while I wish I still had her, I am excited about the opportunities the future holds as well.

No comments: