Thursday, October 29, 2009

A New Adventure...

To prepare for Sophie and I's Florida adventure I have started stocking up on groundwork, longeing, and longe reining materials. I've started with four books on those topics, which I'm going to share with you in this post. Eventually I plan on buying or possibly renting some DVDs, once Sophie's here and I can apply what I see right away!

You may be asking how I picked books relating to something I know nothing about...easy! I just went to amazon.com and did a search for groundwork and long lining and long reining, opening every result that looked applicable. I looked at the content and then also at the reviews of other users and went with the ones that had the best reviews.

So...on to the books! I will do more in depth reviews after I receive them and begin to explore their contents.

Long Reining: The Saumur Method (Hardcover)
~ Philippe Karl http://www.amazon.com/reader/1570762384?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib%5Fdp%5Fpt#noop

Schooling Horses in Hand: A Means of Suppling and Collection (Hardcover)
~ Richard Hinrichs http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1570762058/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QKSQ9AWA3VZG6PS94ST&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Training the Horse in Hand: The Classical Iberian Principles (Hardcover)
~ Alfons J. Dietz http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592287069/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QKSQ9AWA3VZG6PS94ST&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Horse Training In-Hand: A Modern Guide to Working from the Ground: Long Lines, Long and Short Reins, Work on the Longe (Hardcover)
~ Ellen Schuthof-Lesmeister http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1570764093/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_t3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QKSQ9AWA3VZG6PS94ST&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I got to peruse that list while working and flip through they physical books (perks of Amazon). You'd like the Phillipe Karl and the Ellen Schuthof-Lesmeister books. The Dietz and Hinrichs can be a little technical at times.

In the meantime, thanks for looking in on my blog.

Melanie said...

First of all, congratulations on that baby boy of yours! March will be here before you know it! :)

Second, I am glad that you finally get your pony back. It sounds like the two of you will have a lot to keep you busy. :)