Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Resurrection...

This blog has been pretty dead...ok...really dead. Sophie's been in training in Ohio and doing pretty well. I was thinking I'd sell her, but instead...she's coming to Florida! Craig and I are going to pick her up Thanksgiving weekend. I found a great stable just 12 minutes away to board her at and have begun stocking up on groundwork/long lining resources to help keep us busy until the baby is born.

Speaking of the baby...everything is going great with him. I'm still due March 2nd (22.5 weeks pregnant now) and in case you didn't catch the "him"...it's a boy! Right now we're naming him Edward James, but that may be subject to change. Between the baby and Sophie coming to Florida I am on a severe adrenaline high!

If anyone has any suggestions for groundwork/long lining resources please let me know...I ordered four books to get me started that had decent reviews, but I'm always open to more ideas!

5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

congratulations on all your great news! will be looking forward to more updates as the time passes. March babies are great, I have one granddaughter in March and she's a delight.

Anonymous said...

Lots of exciting news! I've been doing a lot of ground-driving/long-lining myself lately - it's incredibly useful, I think.

Flying Lily said...

Woohoo! Love the baby name and I am so happy that your horse can come be part of the new future. Ground work is awesomely great for everyone - I wish I knew more about long lining but you'll get some great refs I'm sure. Just celebrate - great possibilities for all!

Heidi said...

Hey, you're back! Glad to hear you are well and that Sophie will be joining you soon :-)

allhorsestuff said...

Oh, hi YOU!!!! Saw that you came over to my place...and rushed on over to read of your baby and Sophie updates! LOVELY!
WOW...having some excitement adrenaline, for you too here~I really, really like the name you two picked out.

I have a fabulous long lineing vidoe link on my blog's sidebar...like the guy and how fair he is..he shows you how to...pretty nicely with a gorgeous horse to boot!

Well, so glad to hear of you and that all is going so well...praises!
Xo
Kac