Monday, December 19, 2011

Great ride at the walk...

I rode yesterday, finally, after two weeks off! It was a muddy mess so Lady and I just did a lot of walking, practicing what I learned at the clinic. We did lots of zig zag loops and it was amazing how quickly she picked up on it, all I had to do was change my position for the next loop and she flowed into the movement, I didn't have to urge or ask or anything. We even tried some baby shoulder in and she was doing it better already!


We did trot a little and tried the zig zags at the trot and they went very well too. She's so smart and responsive...a dream horse to ride really! We also worked on turn on the forehand, just getting a step or two of sideways with her haunches for now. I'm really excited by how well she responded to those simple exercises, especially since it doesn't seem like the weather is going to improve much anytime soon and we'll be limited due to footing. When we trotted she did much better on keeping contact and staying on the bit, hardly ever ducking behind or anything.

1 comment:

Equine Mum said...

Great equestrian blog - why not come over and post it at hay-net.co.uk an Equine Social Blogging Network!