Friday, December 2, 2011

A video of what's going on...

My last post I mentioned how Lady was doing something new, going BTV when I applied inside leg. This last ride she started alternating between stretching down and bracing. When I would half half with the inside hand/leg (and by hand I mean flexing that ring finger) she would try to stretch down or come back. I experiemented with asking for more forward and riding without doing anything with my hands, even half halting and ended up with this video...










After watching the video I see that the tempo is too fast, but she is such a good girl and trying. She's also trying to figure out how to interact with the new contact and way of going. The Eddo Hoekstra clinic is definitely giving me a lot of ideas for exercises to do in helping her accept the contact and relax. I'm excited to ride her again and try out what I've been watching...and that's after just one day of the clinic! I'll be posting my clinic notes once I get them typed up, probably starting tomorrow night.

No comments: