Sunday, April 19, 2009

Second Ride Today!

I went out to see Rose again today. We had a short ride, this time trotting a lap, walking a little, trotting a circle or a figure eight, walking, trotting a lap, and so on. We work on forward for the laps around the whole arena and on the concept of trotting while crossing the center of the arena (ie doing a circle or a figure eight).

She started out just as good today as she was by the end of the ride yesterday. We worked a teeny bit on leg yielding, more trying to get her from off the rail onto the rail by moving sideways, not a true leg yield by any means. She seems to prefer the rail, so I'm using that natural draw to teach her the concept of leg yielding, that way we can start spiral circles once we can trot forward on a circle and not just around the ring!

I forgot my camera today, so I'll try to remember it tomorrow.

No comments: