Thursday, November 5, 2009

How crazy is this?

I've been thinking a lot about Sophie and what I'm going to do with her once she's in Florida. Well, not what *I'm* going to do with her...what I'm going to have someone *else* do with her. I'd been thinking I would put her in some kind of partial training before starting to rider her myself. But I'm starting to think I may be better off just longeing her and doing in hand work while I can...then restarting her myself. It's what we did after I bought her and things turned out really well...maybe I should do it again. Decisions, decisions. Regardless, Sophie gets a month or two off from riding while we focus on longeing/in hand work and then I'll decide. It's going to be *really* hard to not ride when she gets here though! I've been watching lessons at the barn and it's making me want to ride...a lot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on your progress - if you have the time, doing your own work on the basics is very satisfying.

EcoLicious Equestrian said...

i agree with kate, it is very re-warding to do it yourself, it will strenghen the bond between you two girls and build rapport...i've started my now 4 year old atrab x perchie filly by myself (it was my first start up horsie project ;o), i got her when she was 1 year old), i took it slow and respected our boundaries and in spite of the fact that she is a hot stuff, it went all peaceful...i say DO it! we're just starting lower level dressage and I cannot be more proud of her... you mare is gorgeous ;o)