Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm a Bad Horse Mommy...

Craig and I spent the weekend in Portland, it was a whirlwind trip. We left Thursday and got back Monday morning (at 6:30 am, ouch...we live in Ohio). We got home home at 8 and went to bed. Craig went to class and I slept until 5:30, so I didn't make it to the barn, even though I wanted to go ride today after missing the last five days. So, that's where I've been. I should make it out tomorrow, I might try to get some pictures as well. I'll also start posting my notes from The Gymnasium of the Horse at some point, though that pesky thesis I'm supposed to be working on for my masters might get in the way a bit. Anyway, I'm off to catch up on what everyone else has been doing!

6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds tiring, but fun. I'm sure your thesis will come first and you'll do a great job. Have fun riding tomorrow.

Heidi said...

Oh, I hope your weather in Portland was better than ours up in Seattle when you were here! Rainy and chilly is not what August is supposed to be like out here! I'm sure you'll be glad to ride again after being away. I sure was glad to ride Jack again after being in MN :-)

Kristie said...

Every once in awhile you've just gotta get out and do something else... I always get a huge case of the guiltys, so I've learned that one weekend "vacation" per year is good enough for me!!

Melanie said...

Too bad you were not out in Portland THIS weekend!!! Jewel, over at 20 Meter Circle of Life, is competing in a big show there, and myself, and some other bloggers will be there as well.

Oh well...hope that you had fun!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

We all need a break once in a while! We've all been there...:-)

Flying Lily said...

Ah your horses will be happy for a real vacation...so, good horse mommy.