Friday, August 1, 2008

Taking It Easy...

Today was an easy day for Sophie. I think she's feeling better and appreciated the easy ride yesterday because she wasn't leaning into the curry comb today. But I still curried and brushed and curried and brushed. I fly sprayed her and brushed out her tail too. Then I braided her mane into chunky braids to keep her mane off her neck because she was a little damp from the humidity. It's supposed to be pretty hot this weekend and I think she'll appreciate it. I only braided the top four inches, so the ends of her mane are free to "swish" at flies too. Her mane is getting pretty long. After done brushing I fly sprayed her really good and then sprayed her tail with Avocado Mist. I'm not sure it really does anything, but I already have it, so I'm going to use it up rather than just throw it away.

I also picked up all of my gear to ride Jessie this weekend. Sophie will get to enjoy her next two days off and we'll see what Jessie remembers, I'm excited, I haven't ridden him in close to six months. Fortunately he's the kind of horse that can have a year off and you wouldn't know it other than he might be a little out of shape. I've come to terms with "losing" Jessie, years before I'd planned on it. The one regret I have is that my parents never got to see us after months of lessons...and I only have one batch of pictures.

My eyes were horrible yesterday, I woke up at 5:30 to study because of course, I miss a week of school and have two exams on the same day the following week. So I was awake from 5:30-12:00 yesterday and my eyes got *tired*. I was having to put drops in them constantly. They're much better today, but still tired.

No comments: