Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie Wooooorld...

Today Craig and I went to the barn to change Sophie's blanket due to the weather being rainy and in the high 50's tomorrow, she's kind of like my personal Barbie doll, except her clothes are *much* more expensive. I switched her over to her Schneider's sheet while Craig bonded with his barn kitten, who we have named Hamlet. Sophie was good and let me unblanket and blanket her without even a halter, a big change from earlier this week when I first put her turnout blanket on! The new one is all purple, though I actually prefer the fit of my cheap Showman to the Schneider's.

If any of you are looking for a turnout blanket I definitely recommend the 1200D Showman blanket from Chick's Saddlery, I posted a link a couple of entries back. Make sure you call them to see what they have in stock, since they had a lot more at QH Congress than they do on their website, and I bought my blankets the next to last day of Congress.

Sophie's fancy schmancy new browband arrived today. I already put it on her bridle, now I just have to remember to take her bridle back to the barn tomorrow. I do have a lesson tomorrow, I hope Sophie's as good as she's been. So keep your fingers crossed for us and I'll do my best to encourage her to hold her own head up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely comment you left! I really enjoy reading your blog, I like the in-depth lesson analysis (helps me figure stuff out!). There'll be plenty like that on my blog soon hopefully!!!