Saturday, November 15, 2008

Though the Weather Outside is Frightful...

So, it snowed today. Yeah, snow has yet to be in even the 10 day forecast, but it snowed today! There is even snow on the ground! It started out raining this morning which morphed into huge snowflakes. I felt sorry for Sophie, standing in her paddock, shivering under her sheet, so Craig and I decided to go change her blanket and I was going to take some pictures of the horses.

We pull in to the barn and realize there are no horses. Hmm. So I grab her midweight out of the trailer and head into the barn. I realized that since all of the horses were up it'd be a good time to ride. So I saddled Sophie up and took her for a spin. We worked on leg yielding a bit and then walk-trot transitions on a circle (after we warmed up). After doing transitions in both directions we worked on cantering on a 20 meter circle in both directions and called it a day after a stretchy circle.

I didn't ride for long since Craig was being a good sport about hanging out and my legs were tired from my lesson on Thursday. We did change her blanket out since it's supposed to be in the 20s tonight. I think her transtions improved just from the beginning of the ride compared to the end as well.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

OMG...those foal and pony pictures below are priceless!!!!

Ponies are great subjects to photograph, because you can totally catch their little attitudes on film.

I was laughing hysterically about Fishy making you lose your coordination...lol!!! It only gets worse!!!

Flying Lily said...

I love the way you are so flexible in your plans! That way you can snatch the best moments.

Anonymous said...

May I suggest a post for your blog? I come to you because of your expertise on this topic :^)

Can you please share your top 10 books and DVDs about riding/training/horsemanship?

It's that time of year and I need to beef up my wish list :^)

Thanks!