Wednesday, November 5, 2008

*This* is why I bought an Albion...

The saddle fitter came out today and reflocked my saddle. It feels so much better, more like the trial saddle that I borrowed from the tack store that led me down the Albion road in the beginning. Sophie was *not* happy about being in the barn by herself, but she was pretty good. I did longe her before riding and she was a bit of a brat on the longe (makes me think I ought to longe her a couple of times a month just as a refresher) but she was great when I rode her. I left my whip behind and she was great, walking, trotting, cantering. There was less head tossing than normal as well (actually, none), but I don't know if that's because she worked out her kinks on the longe, the chiro visit, or the reflocked saddle. I have a lesson tomorrow and then 2 a week after that because Kim is leaving for Florida on 10 December and I want to get a lot of lessons in before she goes and I'm on my own.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh yay...you are back!!!
I am glad that the saddle fitter was able to make your saddle more comfortable for you and Sophie.

Grey Horse Matters said...

We have mostly Albion saddles and have always been happy with them. Glad you had a good day.

Heidi said...

Someday I will own an Albion... :-) Glad you got yours fixed!