Monday, November 24, 2008

Sad...

Last night Kim told me that her husband is pushing for them to move to Florida on the weeked of the 5th instead of on the 10th. It's bittersweet, since we are much further now than I thought we would be by the end of winter, which is good, but I can't help but wonder how much further we'd have gotten by the end of winter if I could take lessons the whole time. I had found another instructor, but from talking to Kim about her I don't think that she's an instructor I'd like to use. I may ask Kim if the person she had suggested last winter was still in the area, and would be a good match. Even if I can only take a lesson once every couple of weeks I think it would help.


I'm also thinking I'll ask Kim if we're ready to work on Shoulder In during tomorrow's lesson. She did ask me if there was anything I wanted to work on last night, but I didn't think of anything and like just going where the lesson takes us. But I'd like to get some eyes on the ground help with Shoulder In if we're not pushing it by working on it too much, that way I have a starting point for schooling it on my own. We did work baby Shoulder In a little during a previous lesson, when Sophie wasn't nearly as forward or steady in the bridle, so I'm hoping it's something we can do.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's too bad you're losing your trainer sooner than expected. A word of advice, don't take just any trainer, shop around until you have a good match for you and Sophie.

Flying Lily said...

OOH I love shoulder in - but we are probably doing it wrong most of the time. Wrong or right, when we come out of it Montana is 'on the bit and bending'.

Melanie said...

Ohhh....I am sorry! It is awful to lose someone that you really click with!