Saturday, June 21, 2008

Down on the Farm...

This is my sister's horse, Lou. DH and I went to my parents farm a couple of days ago to replace fence. While there I snapped this picture of my sister's horse...


And a full body shot with a more normal face. She's an Appendix QH, 7 years old, I think her sire is Indian Artifacts.


Lou and Jessie (my horse who is recovering from a stifle injury)...he's an Appendix QH, 19 years old (I've owned him for 14 years).

And a couple of just Jessie. He's doing a lot better. I think he's ready to start back under saddle and work on strengthening that leg, but he'll never be able to do more than Training Level or First Level. So we're going to leave him with my parents to hang out in the pasture.


He's fat and happy though. And bossing Lou around because he's feeling good. When he left to be boarded with me last summer he was letting Lou boss him around. Then he moved back in March after having hock/stifle injections last fall and despite the stifle injury he took over bossing Lou around, I think it's because he's feeling so good from the hock injections still.




The rest of the pictures can be seen here http://www.jesterjigger.com/2008jessieloujune18.html Enjoy!

1 comment:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

What a funny shot! Taking pics while they graze can be very fun and rewarding! :-) What a cute little horse that is too in normal mode ;-)