Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pics from an Arab show...

I have a riding lesson tonight, on Kim's Third Level Arab/Percheron gelding. I'm pretty excited, he's supposed to be really easy to do lateral work on. I did ride Sophie bareback again last night, she was a good girl, but a little worried about the lawn mower so I didn't ride too long. It'd be different if I had a saddle because I could work on a lot of circles/serpentines at the trot to really get her mind on me, but I have yet to trot her bareback yet. I was thinking about heading to the barn early enough before my lesson to ride her bareback again.

Anyway, on to the pictures. You can see more of the pictures at http://www.jesterjigger.com/.







1 comment:

Jen Travers said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has to get up the courage to try a trot while bareback. I like to ride bareback when it's really cold outside and I'm feeling lazy--keeps me warmer.

But I always fear that: 1) I'll just roll off at a trot, and 2) that at I trot I may injure myself so that I'm never able to have children! My horse has a big backbone and it's just plain painful to trot without a saddle!