Friday, June 27, 2008

Longeing Still...

I still don't have a saddle but today Sophie and I worked on longeing again. She did very well. She's much lighter in responding to rein pressure just on the ground, I really think it'll make a big improvement in her under saddle work. My goal is 10 minutes each side, but I think that's too much for her, she was definitely tiring by the time we were done with the other side, so if I'm going to do it back to back days I'll only do 7 minutes per side, at least for the first few times and slowly up it from there. I brushed her three times today but she deserved it.

I also took pictures of the baby, I tend to do it every 10 days so it was time. He is much more curious now, he would keep approaching me and I touched him a couple of times. He didn't like it each time I went to leave, but didn't really care when I went up on the little hill to sit in the shade.

And finally, I'm trying to figure out what to do for pictures tomorrow. There's a barrel show just 30 minutes away, but the only problem with it is that it's indoors and I hate taking pictures indoors. But, on the other hand, it might be good practice. So we'll see how I feel tomorrow. I want to go see Sophie too, though I'd really like to hit up a dressage show. Doesn't look like that's going to happen this weekend though, I don't want to drive an hour and a half by myself and Craig can't go because of his eye surgery, so I'll be sticking closer to home this weekend.

No comments: