Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trends...I have them...

Some teasing from my barn owner and her daughter led me to realize that I have a trend. My last five horses have been dark bays. Different breeds, but, dark bays. I even have evidence!
Tony the Pony-grade pony that seemed to have a lot of Morgan blood, he was my first pony and we sold him a year or two after he last went to fair because we had four horses at the time.

Boss King Ebony Son-Morgan gelding, he was 15 when we bought him and my sister took him to the fair two years after I did, we then sold him to be another little girl's first horse.

Jester Jigger-Appendix QH and love of my life, I've owned him for 14 years now. He's the most incredible horse ever, he was injured over the winter and went to live with my parents to recover. He still has a slight hitch to his trot which may or may not be improved through regular work. However, we've downsized to one horse so he'll just stay in retirement because we wouldn't be able to move two horses when we move and Jessie's perfectly content hanging out in the pasture.

Wimpy's Master Jake-breeding stock Paint gelding, I owned him for 7 years. He was supposed to be my husband's trail horse, but he never had time to ride so we decided it was silly to keep him around when he could be with someone that had time for him.


AR Arabella-Trakehner/Arabian mare, my new horse, I've only had her a couple of months but so far things are going great, and of course, I'll be posting updates as we progress!

1 comment:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Not a bad trend! I've always loved dark bays... my mare was dark bay almost black... and I had a chestnut for a short time so I don't have a trend!