Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pretty in purple...

Yesterday I ordered a new turnout halter for Sophie. I decided on purple, instead of my normal navy blue. I had purchased a navy blue halter at TSC over the weekend, but bought an average halter, which I don't think will fit. I also got a matching purple and lavender leadrope. I think she'll look really pretty in it, lol. I also bought a cheapo breakaway halter for Jake, that doesn't have an adjustable chin strap since he's broken two halters in two weeks, through horses pulling the flap of extra nylon. I *love* Weaver halters, they are excellent quality and not too expensive (especially if you don't have to special order it!).





Today is my first lesson on Sophie...right after school. I'm excited and nervous. We should be able to get some pictures and maybe some video of it though. I'll post about it tomorrow, I'm sure. I'm dreading the saddle and blanket debate, I really hope Jessie's stuff will fit...but we'll see. I'm going to try his bridle on her to get an idea of if it will work, or if I have to splurge on a cob sized bridle. Fortunately I have a month to figure things out before I have a horse and no way to ride it. I'm thinking I'll try the bridle today and then saddle next week, giving her some time to build muscle before I fit a saddle to her back as it is now.

Some more good news...I have someone interested in my Rembrandt dressage saddle. So if I sell it I'll have more options as far as buying a used saddle, rather than being limited to just the new saddles at the tack store that will take it as a trade in.

No comments: