Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chiropractor was Out...

Well, Sophie had her first chiropractor visit today. She did *not* like being inside when all of the other horses were outside. She was spinning in her stall and very frantic. I gave her a couple of minutes to settle down before trying to groom her, fortunately, as soon as I snapped the lead on her she was fine, just stood there. I didn't tie her because I wasn't sure how bad she was going to get, so I just held the lead in my hand while I groomed. So when I left to get a new brush she started spinning again because I took the lead rope with me, but as soon as I got back, once again, fine.

This chiropractor was right on time and he worked on Sophie. Kim had thought she might be out in her neck, and she did have a small problem with her poll, but nothing major. The chiro was really pleased with her and liked her a lot. He adjusted a couple of spots on her back, and actually said that was leading to her poll tightness. He said that her issues are normaly being a horse in turnout issues, nothing major or signifying a big injury or trauma. He also said her feet look great.

So tomorrow, it's on to the saddlefitter. Woohoo! Then I'll be able to start riding more frequently. It's still pretty warm here, I can't wait until blanket weather hits, because Sophie is always so dusty, no matter how long I brush her.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Her chiropractor visit went great, it's wonderful that she had no major issues.

Flying Lily said...

Get ready for the saddle fitter: Check book in hand, warm up that ballpoint, kaching!!

Melanie said...

Aaahhhh....you have been a busy girl!

Glad that the chiro visit went well, and I hope that you have the same experience with the saddle fitter.

Now off to check out those videos from down below....