Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Saddle Club...

I grew up reading The Saddle Club, I bought a book each month as they were published (same thing with the Thoroughbred series). It was especially dear to my heart as my name is Stephanie, and my nickname is Stevie. At Breyerfest two years ago I was working in the Kid's Activity Tent while Bonnie Bryant did a reading and answered questions, so I got to to hear her read the first chapter (which brought tears to my eyes each time, and I remembered everything, surprisingly). My husband even stood in line to get my book signed by Bonnie. He told her about the name thing and she said that she thought she'd been the first to think of it!

Anyway, the point of this entry is to let everyone know that may watch the tv show (even if you don't admit to it!) that I caught (well, Tivo caught) one of the brand new episodes on tv this morning. They changed the entire cast, though Starlight looks the same, it's a new Pine Hollow, and Veronica wears a GPA. So, check it out if you can! It's not realistic, or good tv, but it's entertaining, lol.

It was on at 9:30 Sunday morning, on PBS!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

No way, me too! I have all my Saddle Club and Thoroughbred books boxed up and sometimes want to break them out and relive the adventures. I am actually jealous of your name since Stevie was my favorite character!

You are lucky that you got Bonnie's autograph! What channel did you see the new episode on? I watched all the old ones on YouTube. Isn't that weird that they changed the whole cast? I always dreamed of being in a SC movie when I was a kid, so I love that they are still making the show!

Eliza said...

I didn't know it was even being broadcast yet, but this is a fantastic surprise. I'm forever upset that Thoroughbred was never turned into a tv show, but I'll take what I can get.