Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Realization...

I just realized that we can now do 10 meter circles. When I first started riding Sophie we could "do" a 10 meter circle, but Sophie would speed up while doing it and get rushy. She no longer does that, woohoo! She's also doing pretty good with the sitting trot, we don't do it often, but she's very accepting of it so far.

The Thinline pad/Wintec girth combo did not help the slipping saddle. I tried taking the Thinline pad off and the saddle was even worse, so the Wintec girth is definitely a no go. I've called the saddle fitter and am waiting to hear back but if she doesn't make it out before my next lesson then I'll try just the Thinline pad.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The circle and sitting trot sound like good improvement has been made. It's all little steps that turn into the whole picture eventually. Glad to hear you had a good ride.

20 meter circle of life said...

What thin line do you have..I have the really big one and the small unltr thin line, I found that the small one was not a bunch of help but the big one was the ticket.