Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jane Savoie is Taking Over My Life...

But in a good way. I was reading a clinic review and thinking to myself, self, I'd like to audit a clinic. And my self responded, well, let's look and see what's out there. So we looked, and found Walter Zettl 2.5 hours away, Gigi Nutter 1.5 hours away, and Jane Savoie 1 hour away. I don't like driving long distances if I can help it (especially over a couple of days) due to a shoulder problem, so I decided to register to audit the Jane Savoie clinic. It's a USDF Adult Education Seminar or something like that. Should be fun, especially since the riders start at Training Level and go all the way up.

The clinic is at Dancing Horse Farm (http://www.dancinghorsefarmoh.com/) and registration is done through the USDF site. Depending on how much I like the drive, and the facility, I may decide to audit some of their other winter clinics.

I do have a lesson tomorrow, I've moved my lesson time from 1:00 to 6:30 though, in part due to a student call on base and also due to the fact that the horses are now outside during the day and inside after dinner. It rained all day today, so I'm sure Sophie is going to be a mess tomorrow. When does blanket season start again???

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Awesome! I audited a Jane Savoie clinic and it was VERY informative. I still hear her voice in my head while I'm riding! *twinkle, twinkle* :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Have a great time at the clinic.