Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saddle Fitting Postponed...

The saddle fitter had to postpone our appointment on Thursday. I described my problem to her though, and she suggested putting a towel under the seat of the saddle, as she thinks it's sitting cantle low now. So I'll try it when I ride. I think I'll go to the barn tomorrow, maybe ride, I don't know yet. Ever since finding out I'm pregnant I'm hesitant to do much physical activity, at least until I'm further along. I'm not planning on waiting until after the baby is born to ride, but I can't help but feel as if I'll jostle it loose by riding too soon. I know it's silly, but I don't want anything to happen to "Fishy".

On a more positive note, Sophie has a full wardrobe for the winter now, thanks to Quarter Horse Congress. I did have a funny moment with a blanket rep at Big Dee's. I was looking at a 1680 denier blanket and he told me it was heavyweight, I asked if they had a midweight in 1680 denier. He said no, that 1680 denier was a heavyweight blanket, that 1200 denier was a midweight blanket. I looked at the fill and it was 300 g of fill, but I couldn't get across to the guy that the fill was what determined the weight of the blanket, not the denier. Oh well, so I got a couple of the medium weight 1200 denier blankets instead.

No comments: