Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You Know Winter is Coming When...

You accidentally cut your horse's coat when trimming its mane! Oops! I can see that Sophie is getting fuzzier and fuzzier, but didn't realize how fuzzy until I trimmed her mane last week. Don't worry, it's still long, I just trimmed up the ends, I mean, people need to have their hair trimmed, I figured it would be good for Sophie too. Back by her withers I accidentally cut a bit of her fur though. I also trimmed her tail again. I think I'm going to braied it and put it up for the winter, we'll see though. I definitely don't want mudsicles hanging from it all winter but I don't want to trim it up past the mud, because that would be pretty high with as bad as the mud lots on the farm get!

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Fuzzy horses are the barometer that winter is on its way.

Flying Lily said...

I did braid and wrap up my Johnnie's tail two winters running. it's a pain because you have to take the braid out and re-do every so often to prevent the hairs from bending into breakage. But he had theeee most gorgeous blonde tail in spring! No mud, no breakage, just gorgeous shiny blond hairs.