Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Land of Roast Beef Sundaes and Apple Dumplings...

Where is this wonderful land, you may ask? Why, it's in Columbus, OH for three weeks of the year! That's right, today, I am going to the All American Quarter Horse Congress. Yes, I am posting this blog entry at 5:27 in the morning, that's because I'm hitching a ride with my sister, who is going to the Stone model horse show today. I'll be tagging along and maybe helping, but not participating. I intend to get some shopping done too, Sophie needs some blanket liners, a spare halter or two, and some Cowboy Magic or Showsheen (and some dewormer!). QH Congress is the utopia of horse shopping. It may be possible to get through it all in one day, but highly unlikely, or you spent 12 straight hours doing it. We also have freestyle reining tickets for tonight, woohoo! The freestyle performances at Congress are legendary, so I'm excited.

4 comments:

Flying Lily said...

Roast beef sundaes?? How can this be? Enjoy your shopping - I always spend way too much money at Horse Expo and this sounds like a step up even from that. Lots of QH eye candy too. Sweet.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Have a great time and let us know what you bought when you get back.

Kristie said...

Sounds like a good time!!

Jumping IS fun, but I still like dressage better. If nothing else, I like jumping because I truly believe it makes dressage horses better because it breaks up the routine. I know that Grady enjoys it and has a better attitude all around because of it.

Anonymous said...

Have a BLAST! Buy lots of things to stimulate the economy. Sparkly things are best.