Saturday, July 5, 2008

Changes...

My grandma died on July 3rd. It was unexpected...she'd been admitted to the hospital after a fall and was there a little over a week for physical therapy (I don't believe she was injured, just weak). Then her kidneys started to fail and she ended up having a heart attack. She crashed a few times the next day and they tried to insert a pacemaker, which didn't go well. Everyone in the family was able to be in the room while the priest gave her last rites, and then she was moved back up to ICU. Less than an hour later her heart stopped beating. We're still not sure what happened, how she goes from physical therapy to dead in less than two weeks.

But, due to her untimely death my sister was in the area and stayed an extra day. We went to the barn and she took some pictures of Sophie for me. The furry pictures are from when we looked at Sophie in the beginning of April. The other pictures are from July 5th. I think her muscling has started to improve from the longeing, in addition to her coat of course. But it's not hard to improve above winter woolies! I think she looks like she's standing more comfortably as well, without looking like her knees are going to buckle. She's only had her feet done once by my farrier since we bought her, and that's due to needing to wait for her to grow more foot so that he could start reshaping them.

Her underneck muscling still needs some work (or I guess, less work, so that it goes away), but at least her upper neck muscling is getting better.

Oh, and so far my "space" issues are going ok. When my sister and I went out to the barn my rack was up, not down, where I left it, but it was empty. There was also a second saddle sitting on the one that I'd moved and neither saddle were covered with anything. I found that a little hard to believe, since everything gets covered with dust when the barn aisle is swept every day. I would never treat someone else's tack like that, and while Kim's saddles are out every day, the ones in the main barn are covered and the saddle that is being borrowed is normally in the tack room in the old barn.










My sister reminded me that Sophie knows how to bow. I hadn't tried it since buying her but she seemed to remember pretty well. We didn't get a picture of a perfect bow, but she did do two of them! I'll have to practice more often so that she doesn't forget.



4 comments:

20 meter circle of life said...

She is lovely!!! It sounds like you are as anal about your tack as I am. I just hate cruddy tack.

Flying Lily said...

Lovely bow and great condition on Sophie!!

Dressage Nomad said...

Thanks you guys!

I'm very anal about my tack...especially if I'm borrowing someone else's. When Haley was letting me try her bit on Sophie I would clean her bridle and reins after every use, even though I just took off the bit and put it on my own bridle.

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

She is such a cutie beautie! You can really see the arabian in her!

I'm sorry about your Grandma:-(