Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

The Knutson's have given me my first tag, so here goes...it's concerning 6 Things You May Not Know About Me.

1. I can go from 0 to bitch in -.6 seconds. I will go to great lengths to help someone out, especially if it is horse related. But if you treat me unfairly or piss me off I will hate you until either you apologize sufficiently or you die. This includes if you bitch me out on the phone for not delivering the horse I'm giving you for FREE because I think you'll give him a good home but he wouldn't load that day. You are not more important than me, your time is not more important than mine, and you're damn lucky I still delivered the horse at all.

2. I had a crush on my husband for nine months before we started dating. I never told him until after we started dating. I also accurately predicted when we would get engaged, married, and where our next two assignments would be within four months of starting to date.

3. I'm a grad student, getting my Master's in Engineering Management. Normally I'm in the Air Force, working as a Civil Engineer.

4. When I was little, I wanted to cure the Ebola virus. I think I memorized "Hot Zone".

5. I've lived in five different places in the last five years (hometown Ohio, NYC, NJ, Korea, and now near Dayton OH). I was one of the few people in my high school class that didn't want to go far away from our hometown and was also one of the few that actually did. I've lived in the Bronx too, lol.

6. Six is my lucky number. I was born August 6th. Eight is my back up lucky number. I was born 08-06, weighed 8 lbs 6 oz, at 8:06 am. I also won a cake on a cake walk by landing on the number 6. I won Knox County Fair Equine Queen in 1996. I got engaged in 2006, and married when I was 26. My husband is the 8th man I've dated, 6th if you take out the couple that lasted less than two weeks!

And now...an update on my eyes!
I had a doctor's appointment today. My flaps looked good, but my eye still hurt a lot. Turns out there's a problem with my epitheleal, so they put a bandage contact on that eye and I go back on Friday to have it taken out. The eye does feel much better now than it did, so hopefully it's healed by Friday, because I want to go to the barn! Oh yeah, right now I'm about 25/40, but I can still see great. My right eye is blurrier, but that should improve as my epitheleal gets better.

I brought my saddle home and have been sitting on it and admiring it and touching it while I'm laid up. It has a weird grayish film on parts of it, so I'm going to clean it really good while I can't go to the barn and condition it. I'm so excited, I can't wait to ride! I also emailed Sophie's sire's owner and her breeder with updated pictures.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

See??? That wasn't that difficult (lol)!

I am glad that your eyes are feeling/doing better. Even though I have been a nures, eyes have alwyas grossed me out. I mean,come on...they attatch to your brain for Petes sake!!!

The whole number bit is interesting. Eights and sixes huh? I think that it is cute that you liked your hubby for so long. I actually disliked mine when I first met him!

Good luck with your eyes. You will be riding again in no time :)

Melanie said...

The above sentence was supposed to read "...a NURSE...have ALWAYS..."

I hate when I make grammar or spelling errors!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Hope your eyes feel better soon, and you can get back to doing what you like. Interesting number thing about the sixes and eights.

20 meter circle of life said...

Oh the white stuff on your saddle is what they use to protect it when ut ships. Simply saddle soap dry and oil with Olive Oil. It will be perfect

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Matt's eyes were blurry for a bit too. when you saw flaps, are you talking your eyelids? lol

that's so cool about your lucky numbers 6 and 8! Um, what is a cake walk? so really when you start showing I guess you can expect a 68% most of the time!;-)

Dressage Nomad said...

I disliked the guy I dated before my hubby for a while before we dated, turns out it was for good reason!

No, they cut flaps in the cornea of my eye to laser under were the flaps were cut, then they were smoothed back down to lay flat.

A cake walk is where there's a big circle with numbers marked on it. They pick a number and play music and once the music stops whoever is standing on the number that was picked that person wins a cake. It was at a Strawberry Festival.

I hadn't thought about the score thing, though, I would much rather have 86%'s, but I guess I'll settle for 68% (and yes, that was said very tongue in cheek!).

Katie said...

Hey, I just started reading your blog and am slowly reading my way through. My birth was very similar to yours! I was born at 7.14am and weighed 7.14 pounds, and I was born on the 14th.... of November. If I had been born in July it would've been better but oh well lol.