Thursday, July 17, 2008

When It Rains It Pours...

Guess what...my car's broken! I got my laptop back yesterday, apparently I had a very nasty virus, the computer guy thinks it picked it up when it was so new that a virus definition wasn't out there for it. By the time it came out, my computer already had this virus deeply imbedded in it, and it slowly started destroying my computer. Most of the operating system was eaten away and apparently the virus was starting to effect internet explorer, which is when I started really noticing. So my computer is fixed, yay, all is well.

Then the "check engine" light came on as I was driving to class this morning. Grrrreat. So, I took it to the dealership and it turns out it has a valve that's leaking fuel vapor. A couple of other smaller things need to be fixed as well so who knows if it'll be done today or tomorrow. This may mean that I'm taking the truck when I go to Kentucky for the weekend. It'll be a little more gaswise, but I have a lot of stuff to sell, so in the long run it should be worth it. Plus it'll give me a chance to practice taking pictures at Kentucky Horse Park.

Speaking of Kentucky, I'm not sure I've really discussed it here, so I'll fill ya'll in. I collect Breyer model horses. I've spent a lot of time/energy/money doing it, but since moving to Ohio last summer have decided to cut back extensively. I'm also selling all of the models/materials I've purchased since going to college. Fortunately that means I'll break even and at least make back what I've spent, in a lot of cases, actually make money because the models I bought tend to hold their value or increase.

There's a big model horse convention in Lexington, KY called Breyerfest every July. It's huge, and the Holiday Inn North is completely overrun by model horse enthusiasts. Nearly every door is open and the occupants of each room have tables and shelves of models tagged and labelled for sale. It's a zoo and people are roaming the halls until midnight practically every night. My mom and sister are already there, so it'll be a good chance to hang out with them in addition to practice taking pictures as well as sell a portion of my collection.

I'm also going to try to sell my Duett all purpose saddle and my Rembrandt dressage saddle since some of the model people have real horses and other real horse people come to see what this craziness is all about too. So wish me selling luck! I should still be able to post because they have wireless internet there and I'll be working on editing pictures while watching the room sales. And then hopefully I'll get my saddle next week!

Ok, just got back from the barn. Apparently Kim is going to be gone all next week. And Maddie is too. Sophie is not going to be happy that Maddie is gone, but, at least it won't be the day the saddle fitter comes, so she'll have a couple of days to adjust. So there goes paying Kim to ride Sophie a couple of times while I'm out for my surgery. Now I'm debating if I want the saddle next week at all, or if I just want to wait until the week after.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Sorry to hear about your car. :( Atleast there wasn't anything major wrong with it.

Good luck with selling Breyers! I never got into that, too much money that I'd rather spend on my real ponies. I do have a couple though, and I actually won some special collectable Breyer from a Pony Club thing once. Anyways, Have fun!!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

I HATE car trouble, easy way to ruin the day! I take such bad care of my car, poor thing...at least I'm better with my animals:-)

20 meter circle of life said...

ack!!! I hate car issues!! Hope you had a blast at Breyer Fest. I had them as a kid and loved them. There is a horse locally that became a Breyer model. IDEAL, I went for his party it was pretty cool.

Melanie said...

Goodness...you have had a run of bad luck, with your saddle fitting, computer, and car troubles!

It bound to get better now! I hate that sinking feeling that comes along with the "check engine" light (lol)!

Have fun at Breyerfest! My daughter will be jealous :)