Sunday, July 13, 2008

Was Friday the 13th???

Ha ha...I was just wondering if Friday was the 13th, only to check the date and see that *today* is the 13th! Anyway, Friday was awful...no saddle and worst of all, my computer was hit with a virus. Apparently a site I normally frequent was hacked and the hacker left a present in the form of a virus with a few friends. So I've been sharing my husband's computer while mine is being fixed. Fortunately I'd backed it up a couple of weeks ago and was able to move my newer pictures over to my external harddrive before it was sent away. I'm supposed to have it back tomorrow, hopefully it's ready, because I have some photoshopping to do!

An upside to this weekend is that I am getting a new camera. My dad really wants my current camera (Nikon D50). I wasn't planning on on buying a new camera for a while, since I just bought a new lens (70-300 with vibration reduction) and need to get an external flash. But with buying my new lens I sold my old 60-200 lens to my dad, which made him want my camera *now*. So he's lending me the money for a Nikon D300 and I'll pay him back as I can (since I'm currently saving toward paying double mortgage payments when we move, in case our house doesn't rent ASAP).

My husband is all for it, as I think I'd like to try doing the picture thing professionally. I'd like to start with some farm calls to do some portrait sessions. I enjoy photography and would love to make some extra money doing it. It's a job that can move with me from base to base too. I would love to do it full time as well, after I get out of the Air Force. Now I'm just trying to figure out how. I emailed a photographer in the area (kind of) whose work I really like, seeing if she'd be interested in a helper or letting me shadow her at some shoots. We'll see if she contacts me in return.

Anyway, here are some more pictures from July 8th...






Oh, I just wanted to say, I added two new blogs to my links to the side (The Knutson Family and MiKael's Mania - Arabian Horses)...so check them out. In case you were wondering what makes me add someone, it's simple. Either I see a comment to one of my posts by someone not on the list and if they have a blog add them to my list or if someone ads me to their blog I'll add them to mine...simple as that! Oh, and there's no real order to the blogs, but I try to keep the ones that seem to be updated frequently closer to the top than the others (makes it easier for me to check out what my "friends" are doing).

6 comments:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Sorry about your computer, that scares me! I really enjoy looking at your pics, you do have an "eye" for it!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

OH and sorry your saddle didn't come in, hopefully soon though!

Melanie said...

You should definitely look into taking pics of people's horses.
Want to come to Washington (lol)?

Ughhhh...I hope that you do not have trouble selling your home. The market around here is HORRIBLE.

Enjoy your new camera! I am officially jealous ;)

Melanie said...

PS-
I will have to check out your "old" blog when I get back from a little vacation!

Kristie said...

I wish I could get a new camera!! I'm not very skilled at picture taking, but I love to do it! That way I have stuff to put on my blog.

Your pictures are very lovely... What a pretty horse!!

Dressage Nomad said...

Hey, if you guys pay travel expenses I'll come take pictures of *everyone's* horses!

Thanks for the sympathy guys. I was so excited to be getting my saddle it's been hard to bounce back from that.