Friday, July 25, 2008

I Went to the Barn Today!

I had yet another doctor's appointment today, and went to the barn right after. DH was great and bought me a pair of chemistry type goggles so I put them on for my journey to the barn because I can't afford to get any dust in my eyes. Sophie was very happy to see me and wasn't phased one bit by my goggles. I gave her some treats and then a quick brush off before fly spraying her really good. Then I cleaned her stall (the new kid didn't do a great job yesterday) and gave her some more treats.

After the barn my mom and I went to the local feed/tack store where I got more peppermint horse treats, saddle cleaner, sponges, lavender longe line, and a Practical Horseman. I then cleaned my saddle once I got back home, twice, and "greased" it, as the warranty card says to, with lederbalsam (Passier, as opposed to the Albion brand, which I didn't buy). I'll wipe off the excess balsam tomorrow and put it back together (I did the girth and stirrup leathers as well). I really want to ride tomorrow, but I don't know if I will, plus it's supposed to thunderstorm so that could put a damper on things.

As far as my eyes, left eye is doing great, the doctor is amazed every time he looks at it and that it's just three days after surgery. Unfortunately, there's some inflammation in the right eye, and it was made worse by the bandage contact (which was removed today). So now I'm back to steroids every two hours in that eye. My follow up is Tuesday, one week from surgery. Hopefully everything is looking better by then!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah!!!! Your eyes are getting better!

Enjoy cleaning your saddle and reading--can you read OK??--that Practical Horseman.

Kristie said...

Glad to hear that your eyes are doing well and that you love your new saddle!!

20 meter circle of life said...

Good to hear you are on the mend. Even more happy to hear you are going to be riding more in that new saddle.

Dressage Nomad said...

Thanks guys! Fortunately I can read pretty well. And the eyesight was a bit better today than it was yesterday. Yay!