Monday, July 21, 2008

Mixed Feelings...Or...Ups and Downs...

What a whirlwind last couple of days! I went to Breyerfest on Friday (at the Kentucky Horse Park). The drive went great, Breyerfest was great, even better, one of my horses won another horse (which I sold for $500 later that night). I sold a lot of horses/art supplies, enough to cover my car repair bill and make a nice chunk in the remaining saddle payment.

The downside...it was HOT. HOT HOT HOT. Mid-90s and humid. And I was outside for a lot of it. But, I did get lots of great pictures. Some of my favorites were of Alborozo, seen below. He was the Breyerfest Celebration Horse, they made a special model of him for everyone buying a 3 day ticket. The rest of the pictures can be seen here... http://jesterjigger.exposuremanager.com/g/alborozo












I got my saddle today and it is absolutely amazing. Sophie loves it. I love it. We had a great ride in it (and I discovered that lateral work will be a piece of cake for Sophie, too much pressure not centered on her barrel and she moves her haunches away from it super fast. She also leg yields like a dream and I really think that she can half pass at the walk at least). It was hot and I was sweaty and panting by the time we were done riding, but it was a blast.

But, the downside. I was scheduled for LASIK on Thursday. Friday I discovered that my surgery isn't Thursday, it's Tuesday...that's TOMORROW!!! Aaaack. I lost out on 2 days of my final week of seeingness. And the biggest downside, the two extra days I was going to have with my saddle are gone...kaput. Sigh. But that's ok. Hopefully the surgery goes well and I'm back to the barn in a week or two. But, Sophie completely made up for it today. She seemed happier to see me than ever before and she was an angel for the trial ride. I brought the saddle home to clean while I'm blind, as well as my boots, to polish.

I'm hoping I'll be able to edit pictures soon within having the surgery, so that I can get my dressage pictures posted. Champagne Run was this weekend and I got to photograph dressage and show jumping. Another good/bad is that I got my new camera (good), but it's really hard to use (bad), but I'm learning (good), but I miss out on some pictures due to the learning (bad). But hopefully the learning curve isn't too bad!

5 comments:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Matt had lasiks done last January and he's so much happier and loves it! You'll "see" in no time!
Glad your saddle came in and your rides have gone well.... are you saying you sold a Breyer horse for $500?
Great pics as always, that one of his mane and forelock "swirling" is so neat!

Jen Travers said...

I agree with denise--that whirlwind hair picture (5th one down) is pretty incredible.

Good luck with the lasik tomorrow. I always wish for lasik when I'm mid-canter and have dust in my eye/contacts--not comfortable!

Melanie said...

Ahhhhh...I am in love!!! What a gorgeous creature, and I cannot believe how well you captured his spirit in your photos.
Bravo!

Yeah!!! Your saddle is finally here, you were able to make extra money to pay for your car, and your surgery is ALMOST here.

Things are definitely looking up!
Now, if you could just sell your house....right? :)

Kristie said...

WOW... Those pictures are AWESOME!! You really have a talent for photography. I'm glad Breyerfest went well, sounds like you made a nice haul. Also glad to hear about your saddle... what kind is it?

Good luck with your Lasik!!

Dressage Nomad said...

Thanks so much you guys! And yes, I sold a Breyer for $500, not topping my old record of $600.