Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Terrific News...

My new saddle should be here on Friday! I talked to the saddle fitter today and she thinks she'll be able to bring it out on Friday, needless to say, I am very excited. She's going to be in the area for a show and was planning on bringing my saddle. After my saddle gets here I'm going to have a lesson ASAP and have Kim ride Sophie while I watch ASAP too. If the ride with Kim goes well I'm going to ask her to ride Sophie once while I'm at Breyerfest. Then have another lesson the next week and maybe another Kim ride while I watch.

After that it'll be time for me to have eye surgery and I won't be able to go to the barn while my eyes do the initial healing, so I was thinking it would be a good idea to ask Kim to ride Sophie three times during the week I'm out of comission. I think that'll give us a good leg up for getting started with our serious dressage training.

I did make it out to the barn today after the initial round of thunderstorms was over and took some pictures. I did take an apple for Sophie and at first she didn't want it because there was a huge puddle she had to walk through to get to me. Once I get the pictures done I'll be able to post an intro to Sophie's pasture mates at least. Anyway, have to go to bed as the husband is getting cranky and we have PT tomorrow. I figured a break wouldn't be bad for Sophie since I've longed her for the last two days and have been increasing the effort I'm asking of her. So I'll longe tomorrow and Thursday and then we'll be ready for our saddle on Friday!

2 comments:

Flying Lily said...

Hey best wishes for your eye surgery and hope the good progress with your horse keeps on coming!

20 meter circle of life said...

wooo hoooo!!! Have to love a new saddle.