Thursday, December 11, 2008

Please Participate in the Poll!

With the exception of the surgery happenings, this blog is generally solely for horse stuff, what I'm doing with Sophie, what I'm learning, horse pictures, etc etc. I'll post pictures I take, including of the cats or other things, but not much about more everyday stuff. I had started a new blog for the baby, so that people interested could see it, and people not, wouldn't have to weed through baby stuff to see the horse stuff.

So now, I wonder if I should start another blog where I'll post puppy updates and also lump the cats in there too. Maybe even some general life stuff, at least more than I post now. I started a poll to the right of the screen, asking what you guys (the ones that read my blog) would prefer, so please answer, the poll closes Monday night, unless there is a heavy leaning one way or the other.

We're picking up the puppy on Sunday now, so that we don't have to worry about the breeder's work schedule. Plus we'll have one more day with the puppy before we got back to school. The puppy's name right now is Lola, but my sister suggested Jilly and we both love it. I was liking Jillian/Jilly for a child, and we like animal names that end with the "ee" sound (Kitty, Elphie, Jessie, Sophie, etc). So far she's definitely going to be called Silly Jilly and Jillybean, I'm sure we'll come up with other things. I talked to the breeder tonight and she loved the name Jilly. She said it sounds very British (the sire is from England).

4 comments:

Heidi said...

An X-Files marathon? I'm jealous! I used to love that show but couldn't stomach buying the DVD set of the whole show.

I have been thinking about starting a separate blog for Jack, so I voted to keep it separate. I love posting about whatever I want on Dave's and my blog, but it would be nice to have a "diary" of our training progress like you have here especially since I'm new to eventing. However, I will definitely read your other blog, too! Can't wait for some puppy pictures :-)

Grey Horse Matters said...

I can't wait to see the puppy pictures. I voted to just keep it here. I think it's easier to keep it all together and not have to jump from one blog to other. It's your decision in the end.Whatever makes it easier for you.

Melanie said...

I have a friend from Great Britain whose name is Jillian(we all call her Jilly) so I think that it is the perfect name for your puppy!!!

I am glad that the surgery went smoothly and you can begin to really move forward. Time doesn't heal all things, but it does soften the rough edges. Continue to take plenty of time for yourself, and enjoy that new puppy!!!!

lytha said...

I keep two blogs and always appreciate it when people do this, cuz I really enjoy horse blogs for the HORSEY stuff. Previously I had only one blog but it was way too horsey for my family and friends, and I had way too much "normal life" stuff in there for horse people.

~lytha in Germany